Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow, shoveling and writing

Let me start by saying I hate snow.  It may look pretty in photos or for hallmark card moments but it has no use for me.  Its cold, icy and slushy.  The sidewalks and driveways all need to be cleared.  Your car gets filthy and your constantly washing your windshield.  You spend your time cooped up in the house unless you are one of those people that loves wearing 18 layers of clothes to go outside and thow a snowball or build a snowman only to be soaked in cold melting snow inside your boots or gloves with your nose running, ears reddened and clothes dripping on the outside with melted snow and on the inside with sweat.  And did I say its cold?  What I wouldnt give for a few weeks in the caribbean, weaing flip flops and a bathing suit, sitting on a beach or at a beach bar drinking a few fruity concoctions while the sun goes down over the water.  Yeah I hate snow.

I did however get dinner out of the deal, my parents sprang for pizza after we went over and helped my father dig out.  We got the sidewalks cleared in time to have some pieces of sausage and mushroom.  Cant beat that in the winter.

Finally I got about 650 words towards the story down and another 700 or so in foundation notes. This story may never win an award, never see a publisher or ever really be worth much but it will someday be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment