Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Tiger's Wife

Recently, I finished the Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. The author certainly has a way with words, that I for lack of a better way to say it, consider flowery. At times the stories within the book are addictive and her descriptions keep you coming back to see the end of the piece however at other times the descriptive nature of things were distracting. I found the concept of the Deathless Man interesting, and the mute at her grandfather's village an interesting tale. But overall I felt disappointed at the end of the book. It felt I was being lead on a journey and in the end I wasn't brought anywhere. Overall I do recommend reading the book as it is certainly a nice change from the ordinary however if your looking for a fast paced adventure or an otherworldly mystery you may be a little let down. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment