Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dead Until Dark

I just buzzed through Charlaine Harris' first Sookie Stackhouse book, "Dead Until Dark." I'm not sure what I thought of the book, although it was a simple and quick read it was not quite what I expected in regards to plot. Although the Rene Lanier story line allowed for introduction of characters it seemed just too easily put together to me. I decided to read the book because I watched a few of the True Blood seasons. Which is a completely different post as I believe the show has jumped the shark. However while the book did present a different singular perspective, that of Sookie, it lacked that cool mysterious off the map Louisiana feel that True Blood used to have. If you are looking for a very quick read this may be the book for you but there are better and deeper stories out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment