Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It Seems Like Forever

I last posted on March 1st. Twenty-One days later my wife and I welcomed boy number three into the world. It has been quite a roller coaster since then! We decided with some help and time off (I was home for over two weeks) I could remodel the kitchen. With a newborn!! I admit not the smartest decision but the price was right (20% off the whole kitchen including granite), I was off and we did have help. Well several snags later (and some hard lessons learned about IKEA kitchens) and the kitchen is almost done. In the midst of the baby and the kitchen I took my next course for my grad degree. Now that may have been the bigger mistake. I don't know how many people have ever taken business finance but I never had before this course. And I've never been particularly mathematically strong. The bottom line here, I will be re-taking this course. Despite the hectic pace I managed to finish two books! I finished Steve Berry's "The Columbus Affair" and Chris Kuzneski's "Sword of God." Look for their posts individually. And I will add my comments on "Fundamentals of Corporate Finance 7th edition" by Brealey, Myers, and Marcus. This is not the book for a business finance newbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment